"The Power Of The one Rein Stop"

Right now I am unable to ride being seven months pregnant, so I am living vicariously through other riders.

I found a video on YouTube by an Aussie guy named John who demonstrates the one rein stop.

The one rein stop is so handy when a horse spooks, shies, tries to buck, or run away. I think John did a great job on the video.

Check it out!

Deanna

About Deanna Castro

Deanna Castro has been training horses and riders professionally for over 18 years. She trains riders in Horsemanship, Western Pleasure, Showmanship and Trail Riding. Deanna is married to Native American Horse Trainer Fredi Castro and she is the author of "Six Weeks to a Better Horse".
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to "The Power Of The one Rein Stop"

1. Rising Rainbow says:

He does a good job. Doesn’t watching that make you want to ride?

2. EquineSpirit says:

GREAT entry and wonderful vid! Thanks for sharing…it was wonderful to watch! :)

3. Nuzzling Muzzles says:

Thanks for posting this video. It was very beneficial. I’ve been aware of this move, but never thought about practicing it every day. It’s a good idea to make it a habit, so that you don’t have to think about it when you get into a dangerous situation. Plus the horse learns how to flex and balance during the practice.

4. Deanna says:

Hey Gals,

Thanks. I’m glad you guys enjoyed it, I really did too. I never thought about practicing it everyday either, but it makes sense!

PS Rising Rainbow,
    It does make me want to ride so BADLY. I want to climb on a horse in the worst way, I can hardly wait!

Deanna

5. Mary says:

Deanna,

What a great video. I forget to, or get complacent and don’t always use correct form. Videos like this are wonderful reminders.

Thanks for sharing it.

Mary Haley
    Autor & Editor
    Horse Resource Organization

6. Deanna says:

Hi Mary,

You’re welcome, and I’m glad you found the video helpful!

Deanna :)