We take a look at the past World Equestrian Games with Chris Stafford. Chris has covered all the World Equestrian Games through the years and shares with us her memories of the games and the growth of the WEG since the first games in 1990. Listen in for this fun look to the past…
- Register to win the March Games Giveaway – we have a fantastic Jack’s Custom Cooler for you from KBC Horse Supplies. Remember you have to re-register every month to win. Sign up now.
- A new sponsor for the games was announced this week. Kentucky Ale Will Be the Official Beer of the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games. Alltech, the title sponsor of the 2010 Games, owns the Alltech’s Lexington Brewing and Distilling Company that produces Kentucky Ale, Kentucky Light, and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. Kentucky Ale products will be the exclusive beer available to the general public at the Kentucky Horse Park during the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
- A new set of doping and medication guidelines will be in place for the 2010 Games and a panel of anti-doping experts is pushing for increased efforts to teach equestrian riders about doping rules in an attempt to solve the sport’s problems with horses failing drug tests at the Olympics. Read all about this education effort….
- Thank you to KBC Horse Supplies for sponsoring this week’s episode of the 2010 Radio Show. They have some fantastic March specials that you are going to want to check out.
- Bill Long is making a comeback. Bill is one of the top four-in-hand drivers in the world. So it comes as no surprise that Long won the team division at the mini-Combined Driving Event held at the Carolina Horse Park Feb. 8. Read all about Bill Long…
- Chester Webber won the Sunshine State Federation Equestrian International division for four-in-hand at the Florida Horse Park last week, taking the Ocala resident one step closer to qualifying for the the 2010 World Equestrian Games. Learn all about Chester Webber’s win…
- Maurice Beatson and My Gollywog entered the NZ history books when they won the New Zealand showjumping championship title at the national jumping championships in Christchurch. It was the combination’s third consecutive win in the event, the national senior championship. Maurice has his eye on the World Equestrian Games and we hope to see him there…
- McLain Ward and his two-time Olympic Gold medal partner Sapphire claimed their second grand prix victory in a row Saturday night by winning the $200,000 FEI World Cup Grand Prix CSI**** presented by CN at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center during the FTI Winter Equestrian Festival (WEF). Read the entire article about McLain Ward’s victory.
- See all of our news highlights of the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
- Thank you to Chris for joining us to speak about her memories of the past World Equestrian Games. What a fascinating look back at the past games. Chris’s website can be found at chrisestafford.com.
- Read the FEI reviews for the some of the various games in these .pdfs:
Listen Now, Download or Subscribe: