Dr. Parrott of Parrott Equine Associates joins us to talk about your horses health and the sad polo pony deaths in Florida. Lyme decease, hoof abscesses, common mistakes, nutraceuticals and Dr. Parrott’s Bran Poultice recipe. Listen in…
Stable Scoop Episode 36 – Polo Deaths & Vet Talk with Dr. Parrott:
- Enter to win the April Eventing Giveaway as we have two more fantastic products. You must re-enter every month to win – so enter today. We have for you in April:
- A $75.00 Gift Certificate donated by Equestrian Collections. Equestrian Collections brings the whole Universe of Equestrian Shopping to your fingertips.
- EZSignsOnline.com has donated three custom stall nameplates to be given away in April. Three different people will win these high quality nameplates with your choice of color, graphic and wording. EZSignsOnline.com is the premier farm sign maker in the United States.
- Thank you to Dr. Parrott for joining us to discuss all things vet. You can find Dr. Parrott www.parrottequine.com.
- Here is the recipe for Dr. Parrott’s Bran Poultice for hoof abscesses:
- Wheat Bran
- 1 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz. Whiskey
- Water till moist
- Pack in the hoof and cover with burlap and tape around the top – it needs air to evaporate – let sit 8 to 10 hours
- Read all the latest on the polo pony deaths at thehorse.com.
Listen, Download or Subscribe: