It is all about Lexington as Samantha and Glenn were on the road recording at the Lexington Convention and Visitor’s Bureau. A must listen if you are planning a trip to Lexington, KY as we learn about the history, the things to do, the sights to see and of course, the food to eat. Listen in…
2010 Radio Show Episode 54 – All About Lexington, Home of the 2010 WEG:
- The winners of the August Horse Radio Network Giveaway have been announced: Congrats to all the following winners:
- Two Equestrian Collections $50.00 Gift Certificates: Cristina Turner of Starr, South Carolina and Judy Johnson of Normal, Illinois.
- Kentucky Performance Products 75 Day Supply of Joint Armor: Jennifer Burnett of Springfield, Massachusetts.
- KBC Horse Supplies Custom Triple Stitch Halter: Tamra Webb of Loretto, Minnesota.
- Thank you to Niki Heichelbech of the Lexington Convention and Visitor’s Bureau. Visit them at www.visitlex.com. You can order information on Lexington and have it sent to you as well.
- Thank you also to Tom Eblen of the Lexington Herald-Leader and www.kentucky.com. You can find Tom’s blog at tomeblen.bloginky.com.
- News: The Alltech FEI Dressage Championships had everyone on the edge of their seats as the Netherlands’ Edward Gal and Adelinde Cornelissen traded off for gold throughout the competition. But it was Gal who would emerge on top in the Grand Prix freestyle aboard phenom Moorlands Totilas for another world-record score of 90.70 percent. The 9-year-old Dutch Warmblood stallion (Gribaldi—Lominka) had already broken one world record in the Grand Prix (84.08%) at the European Championships, but then Cornelissen earned gold in the Special aboard Parzival (84.02%) and set a world record of her own. Here is Edward Gal’s record breaking ride:
- News: Check out Fran Jurga’s blog at hoofcare.blogspot.com and read her analysis of Edward Gal and Moorlands Totilas.
- News: We reported a couple of weeks ago that the Winter Equestrian Festival in Wellington, Palm Beam, Florida, will be hosting the Selection Trials for the US Show Jumpers for next year’s World Equestrian Games. Well, now it looks like they will try to parlay that into hosting the World Equestrian Games themselves during September and October of 2018.
- Please support our sponsors because we would not be here without them:
Listen Now, Download or Subscribe: