A number of guests join us to speak about the Alltech 2010 World Equestrian Games. We take a look at the 2010 WEG Equine Village, get and Alltech update and hear about the natural Tennessee Walking Horse. Listen in…
2010 Radio Show Episode 63 – The WEG Equine Village:
- Hosts: Samantha Clark and Glenn the Geek
- Guest: Susanna Elliot, PR Alltech, gives us the latest on Alltech’s preparations for the Alltech 2010 World Equestrian Games.
- Guest: Andrea Ohnstad of Silver Phoenix Ranch speaks to us about the Natural Tennessee Walking Horse demonstration that will be held at the 2010 WEG. Visit her blog at http://forthetnwalkinghorse.blogspot.com.
- Guest: Kathy Hopkins, Director of the Equine Village, speaks to us about all the activities and entertainments planned for the 2010 World Equestrian Games.
- News: Professors at Georgetown College are manning the phones for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, making sure volunteer applicants have done their homework in French and Spanish. Called Language Proficiency exams, every language service volunteer applicant must complete these tests in order to become an official language specialist for the Games. Language Specialists are expected to facilitate communication for officials and athletes in more than 12 languages during the Games.
- News: Colorful, creative benches will appear again on the streets of Frankfort in the summer of 2010 as part of an effort to beautify the community for tourists attending the World Equestrian Games. The project – “Horsin’ Around Frankfort” – is one of several designed to make the city more attractive, enliven cultural activity and increase tourism to the capital before and during the games at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington.
- Please support our sponsors because we would not be here without them:
Listen Now, Download or Subscribe: