Straight from the horse’s mouth, a progress update on WEG developments from the offices of the World Equestrian Games Foundation and Alltech. Listen in…
2010 Radio Show Episode 79 – Alltech’s Equine News and Brews Makes a Brilliant Comeback:
- Hosts: Samantha Clark and Glenn the Geek
- Guests: Susanna Elliot & Amy Walker
- News: US para-equestrian team members are seeking horses for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games. This is the first time that the para-equestrian world championships will be run concurrently with the seven other FEI disciplines. Please email Hope Hand with any further questions.
- News: One of the latest official blog entries from the Alltech WEG Foundation Office is from German para-equestrian Angelika Trabert, and it’s incredibly inspiring. The Alltech FEI blog has been great reading lately with their athlete postings, and at the beginning of the month they featured none other than our very own reiner, Lisa Coulter, so be sure to check that out.
- News: Maker’s Mark, the world’s oldest operating bourbon distillery, has been named the official bourbon of the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
- News: The United States Equestrian Federation Ad Hoc Committee on Selection has approved naming the horse/rider combination of Sapphire and McLain Ward to the Show Jumping Long List for the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
- News: The World Games 2010 Foundation has announced the availability of “World Equestrian Radio”, a personal radio service complete with a souvenir radio receiver, to spectators at this year’s Games here in Lexington. The World Equestrian Radio personal radio receiver will allow users to listen to live commentary and information while viewing a specific event or discipline. Click here to order radio receivers.
- News: Tickets went on sale last week for The Temptations, who are coming to Frankfort, Kentucky as part of the Alltech Fortnight Festival, and will play the Grand Theatre on the 25th and 26th of September.
- News: Horse Capital Productions and HRTV, a 24 hour broadcast television and broadband network dedicated to horseracing and horse sports, have reached an agreement for the network to serve as a presenting sponsor of the 2010 International Equestrian Festival.
- News: Equimania!, part of Equine Guelph, and an interactive traveling education centre for youth, is crossing international borders for the first time and will make it’s presence known at the Kentucky Horse Park during the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games. The 5,500 lb exhibit has been invited to be the center for youth equine education over the 16 days of competition.
- Please support our sponsors because we would not be here without them:
Listen Now, Download or Subscribe: